Master Ari Yrjölä from Lehmonkärki's vacation and conference center had a dream: to build the perfect venue for congresses and parties alike. The building was placed on a prime spot at the center and the world-renowned dSign Vertti Kivi & Co were chosen as interior design architects. The building was named Villa Vellamo.
- I wanted to build a world-class venue where no compromises had been made, says Yrjölä. The building had to be fine enough to be the only reason one would need to visit Lehmonkärki.
A large space combined with dashing lighting requires a lot of lights. The venue has approximately 70 lighting groups and over 150 lights. Because the venue also had 8 motorized curtains it was clear that a lighting control system was needed.
- dSign told me about Houm and the possibilities it opened. Back when we chose the system we didn't have a clear picture on how many lighting groups Villa Vellamo would have, so one of our requirements was that the system would be flexible to install.
Almost all of Villa Vellamo's lighting controls were placed inside the electrics cabinet. Wireless controller covered the most difficult places. Most lighting groups are controlled through a Dali channel. On top of that the venue has DMX-controlled RGBW-LED-strips, relay-controlled lights, mains-controlled dimmers and curtain controllers.
At Villa Vellamo every device was first installed in the electronics cabinet and then plugged into Houm. Potential places for switches were considered afterwards.
- We walked through the house with the installer. When we came to a spot where we'd like to have a switch, we attached one and programmed it to behave like we wanted. The wireless switches were a breeze to install afterwards, and as a bonus we didn't need to disturb our beautiful log walls when we installed the lights.
Remote control brings flexibility.
- Sometimes when I drive by Villa Vellamo I notice that customers have forgotten lights on. It's awesome that I can then switch them off with one click on my phone, chuckles Yrjölä.
Thanks to lighting control system the mood inside Villa Vellamo can flexibly be adjusted according to the situation either via smartphones or switches.
- Sometimes I like to just look from outside through the large glass panes as the lighting moods inside change as I control them.
Lehmonkärki is definitely a place worth checking out - and perhaps a place to rent for your own occasions!
Give us your e-mail, and we'll send you the occasional mail filled with expert articles and news on new features and products
Thanks for your subscription!